Connecting the Arts to the Community
The Lake County Arts Council was founded in 1981 in an effort to acknowledge, celebrate and involve the community in the arts as an enriching component of our daily life.
The Council is a not-for-profit volunteer organization and a member of the California Arts Council which is the officially recognized art organization to the State and Local Partnership Program.
The Council is open to all individuals and is culturally diverse in our practices and policies.
The purpose of our art organization is to encourage and develop the arts and cultural activities in Lake County by coordinating, developing, sponsoring and providing assistance in all artistic and cultural endeavors.
The goals and objectives of the Lake County Arts Council are to:
- Discover, encourage and support artistic talent.
- Foster and strengthen the organization of artists groups with common artistic talent and goals and support their activities and projects.
- Encourage and support the establishment and maintenance of strong art programs in the schools.
- Serve as a regional voice for assessing and representing artistic needs and projects before public bodies, private individuals, organizations and the California Arts Council.
- Work with governmental and other community agencies as well as with individuals in securing financial support for the development and growth of artistic programs.
- Cooperate with other agencies and organizations in the state and nationally in all phases of artistic endeavor.
- Provide a public forum for the contributions and needs of artists of all disciplines in the county.
- Serve as State-Local Partner for Lake County to participate in the California Arts Council’s State-Local Partnership Program.
- Provide planning, educational and advisory services to local governmental entities, businesses, and the public regarding contributions made to the community by artists, presenters and performers.
- Assist with the planning, financing, building, and administration of a Performing Arts Center.
Funding and Support
As a non-profit, the Council has reaches out to several sources of revenue, including membership, grants, gallery sales, donations and events.
Many thanks to donors, sponsors and volunteers who make it possible for us to maintain our successful endeavors.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The Lake County Arts Council (LCAC) is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We embrace and encourage our differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees and volunteers unique. Please read our recently updated policy by clicking the link below.
As of March 8th, 2023 our Board of Directors has approved and dedicated three (3) seats of our Board of Directors for cultural bearers. For us, a culture bearer is a person who is deeply rooted in their heritage to the degree that they are confident in transmitting the eligible parts of their culture to others. The Lake County Arts Council wants to share and celebrate all of our cultural differences, and we believe providing a seat at the table is one of many steps to help us all come together in the name of inclusion, equity and Diversity.
Join our IDEA Committee! The IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) Committee works to continually evolve and grow Lake County Arts Council in the spirit of inclusion. Help us bring our local communities together, improve resources for artists and culture bearers, and work on projects such as our accessibility fund. The IDEA committee meets as often as once a month and as few as once a quarter. Contact Dana Adams, DAdams@LakeArts.org for more information.
Volunteer with us!
You too, can be a part of connecting the arts to the community. Please join us! Volunteers are the lifeblood of the organization.